Did you know?
In October 1889 the first section of Rhaetian Railway track opened. It stretched from Landquart to Klosters.
From summer 1890 Davos Platz could also be reached: …
… the Landquart-to-Davos (LD) narrow-gauge line was 50 kilometres in length.
Today, the trains travel on a 384-kilometre rail network.
RhB began operating the first electric stretch of track on 1 July 1913 from Bever to Scoul.
On 22 May 1922, all of the main RhB network became electrified.
Passengers have been enjoying the view of rivers and the landscape along the route since 1929 partly from the dining car.
On 7 July 2008, UNESCO granted the Albula and Bernina Lines «World Heritage» status.
The World Heritage route is the 1st railway line worldwide to be documented by Google Street View.
Since the 100th anniversary in 1989, most RhB trains have been painted red – like the new ALLEGRA railcars.
The 5 Pullman cars, on the other hand, are blue and beige. During the 2nd World War, they were used by General Guisan and his staff.
The famous Brusio Circular Viaduct has been in operation since 1908 and was renovated in 2011.